Image Nation Abu Dhabi and Faraway Road Productions, the creators of Netflix hit series FAUDA and Showtime series GHOSTS OF BEIRUT, launch Writers’ Lab.
Image Nation Abu Dhabi and Candle Media’s Faraway Road Productions are collaborating to launch the Writers’ Lab, a new program that brings together emerging scriptwriters from the UAE and Israel to explore the hallmarks of hit TV shows, including plot and character development, storylines and plot structure.
The program will kick off with an immersive workshop in Abu Dhabi during October 2023, where participants will engage in simulated writers’ rooms and experience first-hand the process behind creating successful pilot scripts.
In the following four months, participants will develop their idea with online guidance and mentorship. The final workshop will take place in Abu Dhabi during Feb/March 2024.
Workshops Dates (Subject to change):
- Abu Dhabi: From 22nd to 27th of October, 2023
- Abu Dhabi: From 29th February to 6th March, 2024
This pan-regional collaboration among two industry stakeholders with a proven track record of global success is specifically designed to help accelerate local talent development and pave the way for a new wave of global hits from the region.
The Writers’ Lab is open to UAE and Israel’s national and resident writers aged 21 and above, who can provide the following documents (in English):
- A work sample written for the screen (tv, feature, short films) even if it hasn’t been produced yet. Treatments and script formats are accepted while theatre plays, or novels/ short stories are not accepted
- A letter explaining why you would like to join the Writer’s Lab
- A 5 or 6-page treatment of a fiction TV series you’d like to develop during the program (documentary projects are not accepted), containing:
- 1 or 2 pages with the overview, tone and style
- 1 or 2 pages containing the characters’ breakdown and characters’ description
- 1 page containing the series arc (no episode breakdown required)
- Statement of artistic/ creative intent.
- A visual element representing the series
Your submission must be an original work and you must own the copyright of your material. No additional writing partner will be accepted;
The application period closes on the 2nd of July, 2023