Image Nation Abu Dhabi in partnership with the USA Embassy in Abu Dhabi and Film Independent is launching AFS Storytelling – an in-depth program for aspiring screenwriters.
Over the course of three months, world-class experts from Film Independent will teach you all about the different aspects of scriptwriting, allowing you to hone your writing craft through industry insights.
The workshops will cover:
- The pillars of cinematic storytelling
- The different elements and concepts of screenwriting: story structure, character development, plot points and rewriting
- Hands-on exercises to hone your skills
- The practice and process of giving, receiving and incorporating notes
- A thorough understanding of how the page translates to the screen
- Preparing yourself to present your project to international competitions and festivals
The course will be split into three parts – which you must commit to:
Section I: Finding Your Story and Story Structure
December 08 – 11, 2018
- Saturday 8th December, from 10am to 3pm
- Sunday 9th December, from 4pm to 9pm
- Monday 10th December from 4pm to 9pm
- Tuesday 11th December, from 4pm to 7pm
Section II: Character Development
February 08 – 11, 2019
- Friday 8th February, from 2pm to 7pm
- Saturday 9th February, from 9am to 2pm
- Sunday 10th February, from 4pm to 9pm
- Monday 11th February, one-to-one sessions
Section III: Making Your Movie
March 25 – 28, 2019
- Monday 25th March, from 4pm to 9pm
- Tuesday 26th March, from 4pm to 9pm
- Wednesday 27th March, from 4pm to 9pm
- Thursday 28th March, one-to-one
Each section will be taught by a different leading U.S. industry professional who will give you the tools to express your own unique, authentic voice and craft compelling content that can reach a local and global audience.
Training will take place at Image Nation offices, Abu Dhabi.
This is an interactive practical program designed to workshop and develop material through the three sections. Participants must submit a treatment for a short filmfor the first section, and then develop a first draft of a screenplay for a short film to be admitted to the second section. YOU MUST COMMIT TO THE FULL PROGRAM.
To apply for the course, please submit:
- Treatment for a short film in English (minimum one page, maximum two pages)
- Log line
- Short Summary
- Short bio