These terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) relate to a short film competition known as “Creatives at Home” (the “Competition”) that is organised by Image Nation Abu Dhabi FZ LLC (“Image Nation”), either on its own or in collaboration with one or more third parties (collectively, Image Nation and such third party collaborators shall be referred to as the “Partners” and each a “Partner”).
By participating in the Competition, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to (i) these Terms and Conditions; (ii) the privacy policies of Image Nation and the other Partners, and (iii) all other rules related to the Competition which may be mentioned or available on Image Nation’s website (www.imagenationabudhabi.com) and/or any other website or platform that is owned and/or controlled by Image Nation (the “Website”) and/or other Partners. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions or to any of the aforesaid privacy policies or rules, you may not participate in the Competition.
Means any person who enters the Competition.
Means, one or more of the following for the Winners (defined in point #6 in the Rules below) of the Competition:
- The Winners shall each be eligible to receive a prize: Adventure Camera Kits (or alternatively other camera kits) worth up to AED 2000 each (to be provided by one or more of the Partners).
- The Winners shall be eligible to hosted on Baynounah’s TV Program مساكم وطن.
- The films of the Winners shall be broadcast and the names of the Winners will be announced on Baynounah’s TV Program.
- The Winners shall receive optional internships and/or training courses with one or more of the Partners
- The Winners shall receive certificates from one or more of the Partners.
- The Winners shall be identified on social media channels (by one or more Partners).
ENTRY DATE AND COMPETITION TIMELINES:
“Entry Date” means any date following the announcement of the Competition, but strictly on or before 21 June 2020.
Within 1 week following the Entry Date, the submissions shall be reviewed by a jury consisting of one or more judges designated by one or more of the Partners (“Jury”). The Winners shall be announced by the Jury within or around the first week of July 2020.
The above dates and/or timelines may be varied and/or extended by Image Nation acting in its sole discretion.
- Any Entrant who fails to observe any rules or requirements in these Terms and Conditions will be disqualified from the Competition and forfeit Prizes.
- The only acceptable and permitted method for an Entrant to enter the Competition is by completing and submitting an online application through the Website and by uploading the candidate film on to the YouTube portal. Each Entrant must ensure that all information submitted in the application are factually true and accurate and in accordance with the instructions, themes, headlines and/or guidelines specified therein.
- All candidate films submitted to the Competition must:
- Have a duration of one (1) minute (minimum) to three (3) minutes (maximum);
- Be filmed by the Entrant within the safety of their own residence;
- Be in either Arabic, English and/or any other language of the Entrant’s choice;
- Be a wholly original work of the Entrant;
- Be submitted in a video format (of any type that is acceptable on YouTube); and
- must be accompanied by copies of all clearances, licenses, and/or other approval for third party property, including intellectual property and/or third persons appearing in and/or contributing in any manner towards the submitted films.
- Submissions must be made on or before the Entry Date.
- Entrants must be UAE nationals or UAE residents, at the time of entry into the Competition, for the full duration of the Competition and thereafter for any opted internships and/or training courses (i.e. should a Winner opt for it) and provide appropriate and accurate documentation in proof thereof, if requested by Image Nation and/or the other Partners.
- The winners of the Competition (collectively, the “Winners” and each a “Winner”) shall be decided by one or more of the Partners acting in their sole discretion, and any such decision is final and binding on the Entrants and cannot be appealed. There may be up to 3 Winners in total.
- Subject to the satisfaction of all other Terms and Conditions, each Winner shall be eligible to receive one or more of the Prizes. Image Nation shall notify each Winner how to claim their Prize. Failure to claim a Prize within the time period or in the manner specified by Image Nation may result in forfeiture of such Prize. Except as explicitly stated otherwise in these Terms and Conditions, each Entrant is solely responsible for any and all insurance, taxes, costs, expenses and charges relating to the Prize and the Competition. Prizes are non-negotiable and non-transferable by the Winners and Image Nation and the Partners reserve the right to change or withdraw one or more of the Prizes due to circumstances beyond their control or to offer an alternative prize of similar value (to be determined by Image Nation and the other Partners acting in their sole discretion).
- Each Entrant must ensure that his or her participation in the Competition is lawful in accordance with the laws of the country of which he or she is a citizen and/or resides and/or happens to be at the time his or her entry is made and that all information submitted by the Entrant in relation to the Competition is factually accurate and true. Neither Image Nation nor any of the other Partners make any representations or warranties, express or implied, as to the lawfulness or eligibility of any Entrant’s participation in the Competition or eligibility to claim a Prize.
- Unless otherwise approved by Image Nation acting in its sole discretion, the following are not allowed to enter any Competition: (i) employees of any Partner, or of any of its respective group, subsidiary or parent companies, agents or affiliates; (ii) employees of any agencies associated/ partnered with the Competition, including any provider of any Prize or any sponsor of the Competition; and (v) any members of the immediate families or households of any of the foregoing individuals.
- Image Nation and the other Partners reserve the right, in their sole discretion: (i) to delay notification and/or announcement of the Winners; (ii) to delay the use of any Prize until proof of eligibility and identity has been confirmed and/or until it is confirmed that all information submitted by the Entrant is factually true and accurate; and/or (iii) to disqualify any Entrant from the Competition and/or from claiming any Prize for any reason whatsoever in their sole discretion.
- Winners are required to co-operate with each Partner to publicise their win as such Partner deems appropriate. Except in the manner specified and/or approved by Image Nation in writing, no Winner shall at any time publicize their win and/or make any reference or statement to Image Nation, any of the Partners, the Competition or the Prizes.
- By participating in the Competition, each Entrant agrees and consents: (i) if requested by Image Nation and/or other Partners, to promptly appear in and deliver recorded footage of their participation in and activities throughout the course of the Competition and thereafter, during the course of any internships and/or training courses (for such Winners who opt for them) to Image Nation for approval (such approval may be withheld, conditioned or delayed in Image Nation’s sole discretion), and to record their voice, performance, poses, acts, plays and appearances and use their name, picture, photograph, silhouette, likeness, sobriquet and other reproductions of their physical likeness and sound, and their biography, without compensation, as part of the Competition and thereafter for the unlimited and royalty-free distribution, advertising, promotion, exhibition and exploitation of the Competition, the Prizes and/or related materials by each of the Partners and their respective assigns and licensees by any and all medium and languages now known or hereafter invented in the future throughout the universe and in perpetuity and whether for commercial gain or otherwise; (ii) that each of the Partners and their respective assigns and licensees shall have the irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual and royalty-free right (but not the obligation), without payment of any additional compensation to the Entrant, to copy, store, reproduce, adapt, edit, disseminate, distribute, promote and/or exploit in any manner whatsoever the submitted films, recorded footage and/or all other materials related to the Competition in all media and all language now or hereafter known; and (iii) that Image Nation and/or the Partners may use his/her personal information for its own purposes including, but not limited to, fulfilling requests for products and services, contacting the Entrant, conducting research, and sending the Entrant marketing email and SMS messages and/or providing the Entrant’s personal information to promotional partners and trusted third parties.
- By participating in the Competition, each Entrant: (i) represents and warrants that all stories, films and materials created and/or submitted by Entrant in relation to the Competition and all elements incorporated within each of the aforesaid works (the “Submitted Materials”) are within such Entrant’s full authority to submit, are owned by such Entrant, are wholly original to the Entrant, (ii) that the Submitted Materials and all activities undertaken by the Entrant during, after, or in relation to the Competition and/or Prizes do not and will not infringe the copyright, trade mark or any other intellectual, proprietary or other right whatsoever, including, but not limited to, rights of privacy or publicity of any person, firm or corporation; are not and will not be defamatory, libellous, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent, racist or otherwise objectionable; (iii) represents and warrants that the Entrant is over 21 years of age and, at the time of entering the Competition, is either a U.A.E national or a resident of the U.A.E.; (iv) confers upon Image Nation, each of the other Partners and their respective assigns and licensees, without the need for payment of any additional compensation to the Entrant, the irrevocable and royalty-free right to copy, store, reproduce, adapt, edit, disseminate, distribute, promote and/or exploit the Submitted Materials in any manner whatsoever by any medium now known or hereafter invented in the future throughout the universe and in perpetuity and whether for commercial gain or otherwise; (v) waives all moral rights and other rights of a similar nature in and to the Submitted Materials in favour of each Partner and its assigns and licensees; (vi) further acknowledges and agrees that, if required, he/she shall execute, do and deliver all such acts, deeds and instruments as each Partner and its respective assigns and licensees may from time to time require for the purpose of confirming or further assuring such Partner’s rights in and to the Submitted Materials and to give effect to this paragraph; (vii) further acknowledges and agrees that each Partner shall be deemed to have a power of attorney to execute any document or do any such act in the Entrant’s place for the purpose of confirming or further assuring such Partner’s rights in and to the Submitted Materials and to give effect to this paragraph, and such appointment shall be deemed a power coupled with an interest with full rights of delegation and substitution, and shall be irrevocable under any and all circumstances; and (viii) undertakes that he/she will, at all times, comply with all rules, regulations, guidelines (including but not limited to those related to health and/or safety) prescribed by each Partner, by local health and other government authorities, and with all applicable local laws.
- Each Entrant shall fully indemnify and hold harmless each of Image Nation, the Partners, their respective assigns and licensees and all sponsors and financiers of the Competition and/or of the Submitted Materials from and against all claims, losses, actions, demands, proceedings arising out of or in connection with the Entrant’s breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Image Nation and the other Partners have made all reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Competition is conducted using reasonable skill and care. However, no warranties are made whatsoever by any of the Partners in relation to the accuracy, suitability, reliability, completeness or otherwise of the Competition.
- Image Nation and the other Partners reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to rule on any circumstances which are unforeseen or beyond its control in whatever way they deem most appropriate (including the cancellation or postponement of the Competition, the Prizes or changes to these Terms and Conditions) in order to reach an equitable solution for the Entrants. Any decision to be made by the Partners pursuant to these Terms and Conditions will be announced as soon as reasonably practicable after such a decision has been reached. No correspondence will be entered into by any of the Partners in respect of such a decision, which will be final and binding in all respects.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the federal laws of the UAE as applied in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, and Entrant hereby submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Abu Dhabi in connection with any dispute that may arise regarding any aspect of any Competition or these Terms and Conditions.
- Neither Image Nation nor any of the other Partners shall be liable for their failure to fully perform their obligations under or in relation the Competition and/or Prizes, if and to the extent that such failure is due to reasons of force majeure or changes in law or regulations or any other occurrence beyond the reasonable control of such parties.
- Image Nation reserves the right, at its sole discretion to cancel, suspend or amend the Competition, the Prizes or these Terms and Conditions without notice and without any liability whatsoever to any Entrant or to any third party. Any changes will be posted on the Website. It is each Entrant’s responsibility to ensure that he/she reviews these Terms and Conditions regularly to familiarize himself/herself with any changes. The Entrant’s participation in the Competition following the posting of changes to these Terms and Conditions means the Entrant accepts such changes. The Entrant should print and store or save a copy of these Terms and Conditions for future reference.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will remain in place.