Image Nation Abu Dhabi, in partnership with the Embassy of the United States and Film Independent, are offering AFS Episodic Storytelling – an in-depth program for scriptwriters. Over the course of four months, world-class experts from American industry leader Film Independent will provide participants with a practical understanding of several distinctive elements of American Television and the tools to help them develop authentic content:
- The State of the TV Industry: Broadcast, cable and streaming television networks and the role of international co-productions.
- The Writers Room: The fine art and collaborative process of keeping the main voice/vision of a show creator, while enhancing it with multiple perspectives.
- Creating a Bible or Series Document: What you need to accomplish and how to do
- A Compelling Pilot: What does a pilot need to do in order to establish a show and help sell it to funders, broadcasters and talent
- The Art of the Pitch: Methods of pitching TV pilots and series
THE COURSE WILL BE SPLIT INTO THREE PARTS – WHICH YOU MUST COMMIT TO:
PART I – VIRTUAL – February 2022
- Tuesday, February 15 to Friday, February 18 from 8pm to 10pm AND
- Tuesday, February 22 to Friday, February 25 from 8pm to 10pm
PART II – VIRTUAL – April 2022
- Tuesday, April 19 to Friday, April 22 from 7pm to 9pm AND
- Monday, April 25 to Thursday, April 28 from 7pm to 9pm
PART III – IN PERSON – June 2022
- Friday, June 3 from 4pm to 8pm
- Saturday, June 4 from 11am to 5pm
- Sunday, June 5 from 11am to 5pm
- Monday, June 6 from 5pm to 8pm
- Tuesday, June 7 from 5pm to 8pm
Each section will be taught by a different leading U.S. industry professional who will give you the tools to express your own unique, authentic voice and craft compelling content that can reach a local and global audience in the digital space. Training will take place online, except for the last workshop that will take place at Image Nation offices, Abu Dhabi, if the global situation allows for training in person.
PLEASE NOTE: This is an interactive practical program designed to workshop and develop material through the three sections. Participants must submit a proposal for a TV series for the first section, and then develop a first draft of a pilot to be admitted to the second section.
YOU MUST COMMIT TO THE FULL PROGRAM.