AFS Corporate online program aims to educate junior-level marketing and communications executives about developing media content for use in company promotions – whether it be for public diplomacy, digital content, consumer awareness or internal communications. Participants will gain invaluable knowledge and skills from industry professionals and will learn everything from how to produce a short film, respond to RFPs, analyze production budgets and schedules, identify legal issues and develop creative approaches.
Overall Objective: Using your company mission, create a campaign with a strong video story to enhance your company’s local, regional or international standing within a targeted community.
In order to create the campaign you will develop skills in the following areas:
- Identify and create a clear goal or set of goals through case studies analysis.
- Develop balanced, objective creative approaches in a concept or story/script that are non-offensive for a wide viewing audience.
- Discuss how film and media functions from the production side (PSA, TVC, corporate promotion, events, training, documentary)
- Discuss areas of production process, logistics and the key roles in a production.
- Prepare a production brief and RFP that is clear and concise so the response time is quick and accurate.
- Analyze budgets and production schedules to balance available time and resources with quality.
- Develop distribution strategies to maximum Return on Investment (ROI).
- Design an evaluation method to track ROI.
- Create a presentation for a new campaign strategy using concise pitching techniques with visual support.
Other areas investigated during the program
- Practice dealing with the press in crisis management
- Identify legal issues that may be relevant to permits, copyright, media, and image releases within a production.
- Day 1 (7th of June2020)
- Telling stories with film that matter.
- Different types of film campaigns.
- Day 2 (8th of June 2020)
- Corporate storytelling.
- Developing key messages.
- Understanding stakeholders.
- Day 3 (9th of June 2020)
- Pitching to internal stakeholders.
- Distribution and audience.
- How to handle the press.
- Day 4 (10th of June 2020)
- Crisis management.
- Goal setting and measuring KPIs.
- Day 5 (11th of June 2020)
- Identifying a strong video campaign for your company.
- Production considerations: Time vs quality vs resources.
- Day 6 (21st of June 2020)
- Final Presentation and program summary.
- Application deadline by 25th of May, 2020.
- Candidates must have internet access and a laptop, tablet, or mobile phone.
- AFS Corporate is open to Government entity employees involved in junior Marketing and Communications roles.
- Participants should be nominated by their company to take part in the course. Nominated participants should have completed a related communications program at a post-secondary level.
- You are required to fill the online application form and attach your CV and company letter confirming candidate’s leave for the training.
- Shortlisted candidates must be available for an online interview.